Manicotti perfect for Sundays dinner! You can make this a day in advance and re heat in the oven. So this will be a great dinner for Columbus Day! Unleash your inner Italian Grandmother and make my manicotti! Who does not LOVE Manicotti. Here is my recipe for this delicious dish. We use simple ingredients, all of which are available in every supermarket.
- 2-lbs of Ricotta, liquid drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fine chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you like)
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 28 ounces of tomato sauce
- 12-15 Manicotti crepes, pasta squares or manicotti pasta shells.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the ricotta in a strainer over a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow this to sit in the fridge for 4-24 hours to drain the liquid from the cheese.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs then mix in the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the romano cheese, parsley, mozzarella and salt.
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- I suggest making crepes from scratch but you can use ready made crepes, pasta squares and of course manicotti pasta shells.
- If using a shell follow the cooking instruction to prepare them for the filling.
- In a 9×13 in baking dish spread 2 cups of the sauce. Using a spoon or pastry bag fill your crepes or shells with the cheese stuffing and then place them into the pan.
- Top the manicotti with the balance of the sauce. Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes, uncover, top with 1/2 cup of romano cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once bubbling and done, remove and let sit for a couple minutes. I put a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on mine.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe