The filling for this calzone is ricotta cheese and spinach which is a very traditional Italian filling for the calzone. Other fillings can be pretty much anything you want. Another favorite of mine is Ricotta, mozzarella and sausage.
- pizza dough figure 2-lbs
- Ricotta cheese with the liquid drained.
- Cooked spinach, frozen is fine just squeeze all the liquid from it.
- Romano cheese 1/4 cup per lb of ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Start by pre heating your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. In a bowl mix the ricotta, spinach, Romano cheese, salt n pepper to taste.
- Roll your dough thin into 6″-7″ pizzas.
- On one half of the dough put 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Using a little cold water on your fingers lightly wet the edges of the dough, fold the dough, pinch and seal the edges. Brush a little olive oil on the calzone and put a couple slices in the dough.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the calzone and place them on the baking sheet and into the oven.
- After 15 minutes rotate the baking sheet and let them continue to bake 10-15 min till done. Remove and let cool a few minutes before eating them.
Please fill in the form and submit to subscribe