Summer Foods: Corn on the Cob
Whatever your cooking method is, corn on the cob slathered in butter is as close as you’ll ever get to tasting the beautiful sunshine.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch onion powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, oregano, onion powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend in the softened butter. Apply this mixture to each ear of corn, and place each ear onto a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the corn. Wrap like a burrito, and twist the ends to close.
- Place wrapped corn on the preheated grill, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork. Turn corn occasionally during cooking.