Butternut Squash Soup
Forget the can, the box or however else this soup is sold and make it yourself. It’s easy to make you control the salt and it blows away the store bought.
- 1-butternut squash peeled, cleaned and cut into 1” pieces about 2 pounds
- 1-qt vegetable stock
- 1/4-cup minced shallot
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2-tbs butter
- Toss the squash in a little olive oil to lightly coat and season w salt and pepper
- Spread our in a baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Flip everything around and add the shallots and roast until the squash is done. A knife should slide in early just like when a Potato is done
- Add all this to a blender with the stock, butter and purée into a smooth soup. You might have to do this in batches as it’s hot. Add as much stock as you want, the more you add the looser the soup. You can also use water but I prefer stock.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust