Stuffed Eggplant with Meatballs and Sauce
Mama Mancini’s Meatballs in Sauce are now in H-E-B. We all love them over pasta or served in a bowl with some grated cheese but here is a delicious stuffed eggplant recipe using my Mama Mancini’s Meatballs and Sauce. I love this recipe, It brings back such wonderful memories of cooking in the kitchen with my Grandmother.
- 1-pack of MamaMancini’s meatballs in sauce
- 1-large eggplant
- 2-tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-cup of shredded mozzarella
- 2-tablespoons of grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and discard them. This will create the boat.
- Brush 1-tbs of olive oil all over each eggplant boat.
- Place the eggplant boats in a lightly oiled oven safe casserole dish open side up and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the casserole dish from the oven after 30 minutes and spoon a layer of sauce in the eggplants.
- Place a layer of mozzarella cheese on the sauce then layer on the sliced meatballs.
- Top with more sauce a sprinkle of grated Parmesan or Romani cheese and more shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the casserole dish from the oven and allow the eggplant to rest for 5 minutes before serving.