I made this parm with eggplant that I sliced, brushed on olive oil, baked then I assembled the parm. No frying no heavy coating. It was amazing.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise about 1/2″ thick
- Brush on a good amount of olive oil season with S&P
- Place on a olive oil coated baking sheet and into a pre heated 400 degree oven
- After 10 minutes flip and bake another 10 minutes
- Remove and place the slices between paper towel
- Take a baking dish and put a layer of sauce in it
- Place a layer of eggplant, sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and a sprinkle of bread crumbs
- Place another layer of eggplant, sauce, Parmesan, Romano then shredded or sliced mozzarella
- Add another layer of eggplant with sauce, Parmesan, Romano and bread crumbs
- Continue with #9 until your done
- Top with sauce, Parmesan, Romano and mozzarella
- Place in a 350 degree oven until bubbling, about 40-45 minutes
- Let rest for 10 minutes then slice
Easy and delicious.