Garlic Bread and Mama Mancini’s Meatballs in Sauce, perfect together.
Here is my recipe for Garlic Bread and this recipe will be enough for a 12″-14″ loaf of Italian bread. I love garlic bread and I make all types using different cheeses and herbs. The recipe here is absolutely delicious and a great starting point.
- 8-tbs of room temp butter
- 10-12 garlic cloves minced real fine into a paste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4-tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2-tsp dry oregano
- 1/2-tsp salt
- 1/4-tsp black cracked pepper
- Put the butter, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper and red pepper in a bowl and mix to form a paste.
- Slice your bread in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on the open side of the bread and spread it around with the back of a spoon.
- Take the garlic paste and using a spread it evenly all over the open side of the bread on top of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on the spread.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes before baking.
- Place the baking sheet into a pre heated 450 degree oven.
- Bake the bread until it is golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
- You can finish with some minced parsley and more grated cheese if you like.
I love garlic so I use a lot even more then what I listed here but that’s up to you.