If you love garlic this dish is for you.
- 10-large or 15 small garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4-cup of olive oil
- 1-tsp of course salt
- 1/2-tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1-cup of chicken stock
- 1-cup of pasta water
- 1-lb of linguini cooked 2 min short of recommended time
- 10-fresh basil leaves stacked rolled and sliced fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- In a large skillet add the oil, garlic and red pepper and put the heat to low.
- Allow the garlic to slowly infuse the oil but do not burn it, slower the better.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to very low, add the salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked linguini and 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Put the heat to medium and toss the pasta in the sauce for two minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Top with the basil toss a little, finish with the grated cheese and a nice drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
I love this recipe for so many reasons but mainly because it shows how a simple dish made with just a couple ingredients could be so delicious, assuming you love garlic.