Creamy and Cheesy Prosciutto Mac n Cheese
My Super Creamy and Cheesy Prosciutto Mac n Cheese the perfect side dish for tomorrow, easy to make, insanely creamy and blow your mind delicious. Share the post and spread the love. Love is good, we need more of it.
- 2 1/2-cups of dry macaroni cooked 3/4 of the way
- 8-oz of Swiss cheese shredded
- 8-oz of Gruyere cheese shredded
- 4-oz of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2-cup chopped Prosciutto di Parma
- 3-cups of whole milk
- 1-cup of half n half
- 3-tbs of flour
- 5-tbs of butter
- 1/4-cup minced onion
- 2-garlic cloves minced
- 1-tsp salt
- 1/2-tsp cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepan add the butter, onion and garlic, salt and pepper once it starts to sizzle, sauté for 5 min.
- Add the flour and whisk together for 2-3 minutes until it becomes creamy
- Add the milk and half n half and stir until this comes to a boil
- Reduce the heat and add the Swiss, Gruyere cheese, prosciutto and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour this into a buttered baking dish
- Bake in a 375 degree pre heated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown