Italian Pork Sausage
Italian pork sausage, braised in crushed plum tomatoes served with Rigatoni, it’s an Italian Sunday thing.
The trick to making this the authentic way is to either make the sausage or find one made the legit old world way, fresh Pork, salt, white pepper and fennel, that’s it.
- 2-3 lbs of pork sausages
- 4-28oz cans of whole plum tomatoes crushed by hand
- 1/2-cup of chopped onion
- 4-garlic cloves sliced
- 1-tsp of salt
- 1/4-tsp of crushed pepper flakes
- 2-tbs of olive oil
- 1-lb of rigatoni
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Brown the sausage on all sides and remove them to a plate
- Add the garlic, onion, salt and pepper flakes and saute this for 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and sausage
- Bring this to a low boil, lower to a simmer and simmer in covered for 1 hour
Always cook your pasta 2-minutes short of recommended time and finish the pasta in the sauce. Serve the sausages on the side. Top the pasta with grated romano or Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.