Roasted Peppers and Onions
Bell Peppers are on sale so I loaded up! I roast the peppers and onions and then pack and freeze them for another day.
Perfect with Italian sausages, chicken, sliced Italian steak, eggs and so many other dishes. Main courses and in subs the uses are endless.
Simple to make:
- Clean the peppers removing the top, seeds and white ribs. Slice them into thick pieces.
- Red onions or sweet onions peeled and sliced thick
- Spread the peppers and onions out on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat, season with salt n pepper
- Into a pre heated 450 degree oven for 20-30 minutes
- Use immediately or allow them to cool down completely then into the fridge for a couple hours before freezing.
Now I’m hungry!