Old School Rustic Sausage, Broccoli, Beans and Gnocchi
- 1-lb of gnocchi
- 1-lb of Italian sausage
- 1-head of broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1-can of prepared Cannellini beans
- 2-cloves of Garlic sliced
- 2-tbs of olive oil
- Romano cheese
- 1-tsp of red pepper flakes
- Cut the sausage into small pieces and cook in the skillet till done
- In a large pot of boiling water blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes and remove to the skillet (keep the water boiling)
- Add the drained beans, garlic, olive oil, red pepper, salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté on low heat for 5 minutes
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and when they float to the top, reserve 2-cups of the pasta water, strain the gnocchi and add to the skillet.
- Add one cup of the pasta water and toss for 1 minute. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Turn off the heat, wait one minute and toss with 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
Finish with a drizzle of extra Virginia olive oil and more cheese. A real rustic Italian dish.