Simple Tomato Sauce with Ricotta
I love this recipe, simple, delicious and a little unexpected.
- 1 28 oz can whole Italian Plum Tomatoes crushed
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 lb Ricotta Cheese brought to room temperature
- 1 lb pasta
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and garlic and heat till it’s golden brown
- Add the tomatoes, salt n pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer
- Cook uncovered for 13-18 minutes
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce and continue to cook for 2 minutes
Serve with a couple scoops of the ricotta and some grated cheese. I love the added ricotta!