Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana
- Eggplants sliced lengthwise, 1/2″-3/4″ thick
- Tomatoes chopped or tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Grated Romano cheese
- Generously brush olive oil on both sides of the eggplant slices and sprinkle salt n pepper to taste.
- Grill the eggplant on a hot grill till done, it took mine about 3-5 min per side.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on the cooked eggplant slices and close the grill lid to allow the cheese to melt. Once melted remove to a serving platter and top with your chopped tomatoes or heated tomato sauce.
- Finish with some grated Romano cheese and fresh basil.
I love using fresh chopped tomatoes and these can be used at room temperature or can be heated.